We are excited for you and your children to join us for our first ever Read-A-Thon fundraiser for libraries in the United States. This Summer read-a-thon and fundraiser will run from July 1st to July 31st but you can start today! Proceeds from this fundraiser will go to support EveryLibrary and their work fighting for libraries across the country.
Joining the summer Read-A-Thon is easy! Here's how it works:
- Sign your children up for the national read-a-thon fundraiser for libraries before June 29th here
- Within 48 hours, you will receive a link to your child's fundraising and reading log with helpful tools to get them started.
- You can start fundraising as soon as you receive your link!
- Then, in July (or earlier if they want) participants are encouraged to read 20 minutes a day to fight the summer slide.
- Prizes for fundraising will be sent via email (gift cards) and USPS (Amazon Kindles) throughout August. Please make sure that your email and physical address are up to date as we are not responsible for lost or stolen prizes.
This is our inaugural year and we are hoping to get off to a successful start. That begins with your commitment to helping us achieve our mission of encouraging kids to read across the country. We want to foster a love reading and help curb the summer slide so that our nation’s children get a headstart on learning for the next school year.
We are doing that by encouraging students to read at least 20 minutes a day throughout the month of July or at least 10 hours of reading total. By encouraging students to get into the habit of reading just 20 minutes a day through summer reading they will be exposed to over 1.5 million words per year and have the opportunity to reach the 90th percentile for student achievement.
Click here to sign up for the Summer Read-A-Thon!
We are working with Read-A-Thon.com to make this summer read-a-thon fun and rewarding. Students will be able to raise money and record their minutes read each day on their own reader fundraising page. By raising money for libraries they will have the opportunity to earn great prizes for their fundraising efforts. That means that students must read at least 600 minutes in the month of July to be eligible to reap the rewards of their fundraiser.
It’s easy to get involved! First, we ask that you sign your children up to be a part of the program by June 29th. This will allow your child time to set up their personal fundraising page before July. They can continue to raise money throughout July, but the sooner they sign up, the sooner we can send them their personal fundraising page and the larger prize they can earn.
To get access to your child's fundraising page just sign them up using the form on this page. Parents and guardians will need to sign their children up for this event. If you have more than one child, please separate their names by a comma.